When speed comes calling, the Epic Expert doesn't just answer, it yells back,'Catch me if you can!'Featuring the most efficient suspension platform ever to grace a World Cup start line, the Epic Expert pairs 100-millimeters of Brain-controlled travel front and rear for a package that was born to erase seconds from the clock.A Smarter BRAINMixing hardtail efficiency and full-suspension capability to impressively quick results, Epic has always been defined by an uncompromised commitment to speed. Well, that and over 100 World Cup wins and podiums too. True to form, the latest Epic continues the tradition, taking advantage of the most efficient Brain suspension we've ever created to ensure it's always on a first-name-basis with fast.Re-engineered hand-in-hand with the new Epic, the latest BRAIN design resets the expectation for efficiency, employing a new race-tuned pedaling platform to ensure every watt possible is translated into forward motion, while handily soaking up momentum-killing chatter and big hits alike'all more smoothly than ever.Frame-ChangerRedesigned with a focus on efficient power transfer and better handling performance, the Epic's all-new FACT 11m carbon frame features a 15-percent stiffer rear triangle in order to take full advantage of the BRAIN's new race-tuned pedaling platform, while the revised carbon layup of the front-triangle sheds weight, sending the Epic's already sky-high stiffness-to-weight ratio even higher.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 29-millimeter internal-width hookless rim, and maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
- Offering 100-millimeters of brilliantly efficient BRAIN-controlled travel, the Epic's FACT 11m carbon frame increases rear-triangle stiffness for peerless power transfer and introduces the most capable handling in an Epic yet, all while shedding weight over the previous-generation Epic.
- Sprightly stoppers from SRAM, Level TL brakes offer smooth modulation for precise speed control.
- The RockShox SID SL BRAIN fork serves up 100 millimeters of brilliantly controlled BRAIN travel for efficient performance that pairs perfectly with the Epic's rear BRAIN system.
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||100mm||115mm||135mm|
|Head Tube Angle||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°||67.5°|
|Fork Length, Full||505mm||505mm||505mm||505mm||505mm|
|Bike Standover Height||740mm||763mm||766mm||776mm||788mm|
|Seat Tube Length||375mm||400mm||430mm||470mm||520mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||76.5°||75.8°||75.5°||75.5°||75.5°|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||533mm||563mm||598mm||626mm||656mm|
|Frame||FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Race Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
|Fork||RockShox SID SL BRAIN, Bottom-Adjust Brain damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 100mm Travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox-Specialized BRAIN, Rx XC Tune, 5 Position Platform Adjust, Rebound Adjust, Integraded Extension, 265x52.5mm|
|Tires||Specialized Fast Trak, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29x2.35|
|Brakes||SRAM Level TL, 2-piston caliper, hydraulic disc|
|Crankset||SRAM X1 Eagle Alloy, DUB, 165/170/175mm, 34t|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Sram XG-1275, 12-speed, 10-52t|
|Rear Derailleur||Sram X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|Handlebars||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|Seatpost||Specialized Alloy, Single Bolt, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails|
|Accessories & Extras||SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Pine/Chameleon Eyris Tint/Tarmac Black / X-Small||888818773077||90322-3001||210000042095|